Thursday, April 3, 2014

Week 11 Update!

WOW. Saying that I'm in "week 11 of 18" is absolutely insane to me. Where is the time going?! I'm already signing up for farewell dinners and receiving my final exam schedules. Wahhh. But, Happy April everyone! Well, this week has been really calm and after spring break craziness and trying to adjust back into the swing of school last week, I am thankful for this one! This past weekend, Abby, Ellie and I had a cute little movie night. It was your stereotypical girls night, complete with nail polish, wine, pizza, and 10 things I hate about you. As you get older, it seems like these things come around much less frequently. So I was really thankful for it! It was definitely something I needed when I wasn't feeling 100%. The good news is I now feel physically fine! I'm just very tired all the time. I promise I am getting adequate sleep! I think it;s just that time of year when you are exhausted from being in school and spring break is such a tease! You get a little taste of summer and then you are thrown back in the swing of things! So I think with that in mind, I have been a little homesick lately! Ughh why do I have to have such wonderful people in my life that I miss?! Haha just kidding, you guys are the best! And I know that the time here will continue to fly and one day I will be homesick for this lovely city!

So, a few things happened this week! Monday, we received our final exam schedule. Unlike Marquette's, UCD's exams span over two weeks. The good news is that mine are completely spread out, so I'll have a good amount of time to spend studying for all five. The bad news is that EXAMS ARE COMING UP! The oh so dreaded exams... I know it will all be okay. I've taken exams for years and years, but it doesn't mean that they aren't stressful. However, I've heard that the weather here starts to get warmer around the beginning of May, so that means I can study outside! When it comes to studying, I'd much rather be outside than stuck in a room. I've LOVED daylight savings time here! It stays light out until after 8:00! Yayyy! Such a sign of Spring/Summer I love it!!!! 

Monday night I went out to a comedy show with my friends Brittany, Mike, and Grace. It was really fun! It's always fun to try something new. We were afraid they would pick on us Americans, and with good reason! There were four comedians, and each one asked us many questions, but all in good fun! It was a really nice time. And if that weren't enough, I came home to find a big yellow envelope in my room. What could it be but letters from my favorite people at Marquette. They wanted to do something special for me for my birthday, and decided to write me such lovely letters. Last Spring, I remember having a great conversation with one of my best friends, Emily Harrington/ Cakes, about the power of letters. We both agreed that they truly make such an incredible impact on a person. Just a few kind words go a long way. And so I truly want to thank Emily, Claire, Megan, Maggie, Bernadette, Colleen, Meg, Allie, and Allie (Yes, I have TWO lovely Allie's in my life!) It could not have come at a better time and I am so appreciative of you all! So, I would encourage everyone to write a letter to someone you love this week. Whether it's a quick note saying have a good day, or a birthday letter, it makes such a difference! My mom and I usually message each other a few times a week telling each other to have a great day and know that we are loved! As much as we don't want to admit it, we need that reminder every once in a while. So to you, my blog readers, I say thank you so much for continuing to join me on this crazy journey and I appreciate you all so much!

Tuesday I registered for classes this upcoming fall semester. I'm going to be a JUNIOR? What? Sometimes I still feel like a high schooler. I am really excited for them and to continue on my path to become an educator! I've missed taking Ed. classes a lot and look forward to see what this new batch brings, even though they are night classes (what?!). That will be an adjustment for me, but it's something that I need to do in order to take the courses, so it will all be worth it in a few years! A few years ago, my friend Meredith gave me a ring that says "I promise to take things a day at a time" and that definitely remains and will continue to be my motto. So, here's to the future and here's to right now!

That's about it from this end! Really looking forward to my Kerry trip this weekend! Definitely ready to see more of this gorgeous country. As I've said before, I'm headed to ROME over Easter, which I know will be truly beautiful! Andddd drumroll please..... I booked another trip! I had a feeling I would ;]. I can't seem to get enough of this continent. So, the final trip will be to EDINBURGH YAYYY!!!! I am so excited for that, I have heard nothing but amazing things about it! I am going with Ellie, Brittany, Grace, and a few of their friends during the last few days of April. We found super cheap flight tickets and decided it was a opportunity that had to be seized! It's so amazing that I've been able to travel to incredibly beautiful places in the past two and a half months. Each day I wake up so thankful for each opportunity I have been blessed with. I am forever grateful for the way this journey has transformed my life. I realized that I did not post pictures from the past month on my last blog post, so I thought I would share some of my favorites now:


Em's first Irish Guinness!
 Hello Powerscourt!




 Birthday dinner with these lovelies!

 Such a BEAUTIFUL view of the Atlantic Coast
 The Amsterdam/ Belgium crew! So much fun!
 Decided to jump on a random statue in Brussels 
 Love these ladies!
 Center of Madrid!
 Retiro Park
 Warsaw Friends

 Lots of roomie love!
 The incredibly gorgeous Prague
Shout out to Vit and Patrik for being great tour guides!

Still finding joy in the ordinary!

Lots and lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment