Sunday, January 12, 2014

And I'm Off!

Hello Hello! I wish I had more time to write, but O'Hare has so generously provided me with 20 minutes of wifi. So I need to make this snappy. Just said goodbye to my parents and although I planned on not crying, I'm powerless against my mother's tears. I am so fortunate to be where I am at this moment. This is the first time I will be travelling internationally by myself. Although it's scary, it puts me out of my comfort zone, which is GOOD. I'm hoping my entire semester will do the same. Right now I'm just reminding myself that everything will fall into place. Getting there is the hardest part. But truly, thank you for all of those who have supported me up until this point and who will continue to do so throughout my travels. I know that I need to soak up this time as much as I can. I will try my best to write as often as possible, but I can't guarantee a certain number of blogs per week/month/etc. Just stay tuned :].  Please please please write emails, send messages, snapchats, or any other form of communication. I won't have my cell, but I will have my little ipod. I will always love to hear from someone at home or anywhere else in the world. 

In a few minutes, I will board my plane from O'Hare to Dusseldorf, Germany. From there, I will have a 3.5 hour layover until my flight from Dusseldorf to Dublin. I will then take a shuttle from the airport and to the University College Dublin campus. Hopefully finding my apartment shouldn't be too tricky. Cross your fingers. Well, I'm off to take a couple deep breaths before boarding the plane. Any prayers and well wishes would be deeply appreciated :]. 

Goodbye United States, Hello Ireland!

No comments:

Post a Comment