Monday, January 27, 2014

Colds and More Craziness

Hello from the laundry room! I'm sitting here waiting for someone to come back and move their clothes out of the washing machine so I can use it (3 of the 8 are out of order, wah wah). Definitely feels just like it did at Marquette. Even though my roommate, Claire, would probably be mocking me since I only had to do laundry at my dorm about three times this past semester since I lived so close to home ;]. BUT, here the laundry is EXPENSIVE. We're talking 3 euro just for the washing machine. I haven't even looked at the dryer price yet, I'm too scared to see that right now. Little did I know that we actually have a laundry in my apartment complex. I definitely thought it was somewhere else on campus and I was wandering about aimlessly yesterday, only to give up because I was tired and sick. I caught a little bug when I woke up on Saturday. Doesn't seem too serious, just your typical sore throat and stuffy nose cold. I get colds pretty frequently (probably due to my lack to sleep) so compared to others that I have had, this little guy doesn't seem too threatening. 

Last Thursday and Friday were a lot of fun! Thursday I went out to the campus pub with my friend, Brittany and some friends she met over here. It was Australia day, and so they had a lot of cute decorations, fun music, and some nice deals on drinks. (Update, this kid just walked in as a girl was taking her clothes out and tried to steal my washing machine! Not in this house, sir. Hahah that was uncomfortable. He's staring at me, help!) Okay anywho, Friday was a really fun time! Abby, Ellie, and her friend Louisa and I went downtown to check out Trad Fest! It was a lot of fun, only I didn't know that you had to bring anything other than a school ID to get into the pub. Whoops. The guy gave us a bit of trouble, but eventually we persuaded him. The pub was fun but expensive! They had live music and everyone was dancing and having a good time. Eventually we left and returned to our old stomping grounds, Bad Bobs. I literally love that place! It's a lot of fun and full of great people.

We ended up talking to these two brothers who were there for a party celebrating their dad's retirement. They were really nice and funny and for some reason didn't believe that we were from the United States. I wish I was good at accents, friend, but I truly am from America. We ended up talking to them for a while and even got some cute pictures with them. It was an unforgettable night to say the least. Here are some of the pictures from Friday!
 Best Stop Sign Ever!


 Got a lot of glares for taking this picture, but I liked it so there!
 Sorry Louisa!


This weekend was extremely laid back and uneventful, which is probably a good thing since I'm not feeling 100%. I know that sometimes people can complain about boring weekends, but I'm realizing that, with all my trips I have booked, I'm probably not going to be around much during the weekend anyway so I should enjoy it while I can! I got to skype with my parents and sisters on Sunday, so that was really nice. They are always good for a laugh and a smile. My mom took me around rooms in our house just incase I missed them (I did). My sister had redecorated our room right after I left, so it was fun to see what it looked like. We are no longer in bunkbeds! I didn't think I would ever see the day. We are all grown up now, and I guess it's about time. It's always exciting to hear what is going on with my fam, we are all getting ready for my brother Brian's wedding this July, Kara's new job is starting in a week, and Colleen is enrolled in her last semester of college. Seems like the time has just flown since I've been in college. Looking forward to skyping more people soon!

And lastly (but not least(ly?), today is my best friend Megan's BIRTHDAY!!!! Wahooooo!!!! I wish I was there in NYC to celebrate with you, but I know we will have one big bash to celebrate everything when I get back. I love you more than you know and I'm so lucky to have known you for over five years (okay now I feel really old). Can't wait to skype with you and hear all about the big 2-0. LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!


We took this little selfie on one of the first days of summer 2013, after not seeing each other for two months! We'll see how we react after not seeing each other for five months this upcoming summer. Get ready, Megs!

Wow now it's MAJORLY crowded in the laundromat so I need to go claim my place in line! Hope everyone in Wisconsin is keeping warm and staying happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment